Armstrong continues to make health and safety a priority for our entire community as we have learned to live with COVID. Armstrong follows guidance and recommendations from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the San Mateo County Office of Education (SMCOE) through its Safe Schools Framework
We continue to focus on symptom monitoring and good ventilation as key strategies and all students, families, and Armstrong employees should feel comfortable wearing masks. We encourage everyone to become fully vaccinated (2 doses) and stay up to date with recommended boosters as eligible.
Any student or employee who tests positive for COVID is required to inform the school by contacting Student Services and stay home in isolation for at least five days. To return, symptoms must be improving, including being fever-free for at least 24 hours. No test result is required to return to school.
We appreciate continued individual and family-based responsibility and support for the entire community. We reserve the right to require a test result from all community members if there is ever a surge of cases and/or we are coming off school holiday breaks. In those cases, Armstrong will supply the tests. Armstrong reserves the right to make changes to any COVID policy any time we think doing so is appropriate.
As a reminder, key policies include:
- Stay home if you are sick or have any COVID-related symptoms.
- Use an Over the Counter (OTC) test if symptomatic or 3-5 days after exposure.
- Report positive cases to Armstrong and follow isolation guidance.
- Follow masking guidance when COVID positive, exposed, or during a surge.
- Stay up to date with vaccines and recommended boosters as eligible.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
Report any absences or positive cases to:
Student Services - 650-592-7570